Upcoming Event Volunteer Opportunities
- Sunday, June 11, 2023: Soaring Into the Summer Volunteer Event
- Designer Bag Bingo Planning Committee for 2023
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities:
60-Hour Trained Volunteer Opportunities:
- Helpline Advocate: Provide assistance to callers on the 24-hour call and text Helpline for crisis management, referrals and intake.
- Legal Advocate: Guide, support and advocate for survivors through domestic violence court proceedings.
- Confidential Sexual Violence Advocate: Serve on Sexual Assault Response Team to assist survivors in making informed decisions and navigating the services available.
- Domestic Violence Response Team: Work with police responding to domestic violence calls to support survivors, provide resources and guide them through next steps including Temporary Restraining Orders.
- Community Outreach and Prevention: Enlighten members of the community about domestic and sexual abuse, teen abuse and available Safe+Sound Somerset services.
- Financial Empowerment Center: Assist with workshops and individual coaching sessions.
- Safe House Support: Provide transportation, shop for food and assist with other general needs at our emergency Safe House.
Non-60-Hour Trained Volunteer Opportunities
- Social Ambassador: Promote our organization through your personal social media. Find out more and sign up here.
- Special Events: Assists the organization with events such as our annual Candlelight Vigil and fundraising events throughout the year.
- Administrative Projects: Assists the organization on projects such as file organization, data entry, etc…
*We ask that those who are interested in volunteering for one of our 60-hour trained volunteer opportunities commit a minimum of one year to their volunteer role. *
If you have an area of expertise or interest not listed above and would like to lend a hand, please call our office at 908-359-0003 or email us at [email protected]