Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteer Opportunities requiring 60-Hour Advocate Training:
- Helpline Advocate: Provide assistance to callers on the 24-hour call and text Helpline for crisis management, referrals and intake.
- Legal Advocate: Guide, support and advocate for survivors through domestic violence court proceedings.
- Confidential Sexual Violence Advocate: Serve on Sexual Assault Response Team to assist survivors in making informed decisions and navigating the services available.
- Domestic Violence Response Team: Work with police responding to domestic violence calls to support survivors, provide resources and guide them through next steps including Temporary Restraining Orders.
- Community Outreach and Prevention: Enlighten members of the community about domestic and sexual abuse, teen abuse and available Safe+Sound Somerset services.
- Safe House Support: Provide transportation, shop for food and assist with other general needs at our emergency Safe House.
*We ask that those who are interested in volunteering for one of our 60-hour trained volunteer opportunities commit a minimum of one year to their volunteer role. *
Non-60-Hour Trained Volunteer Opportunities:
- Social Ambassador: Promote our organization through your personal social media.
- Special Events: Assists the organization with events such as our annual Candlelight Vigil and fundraising events throughout the year.
- Administrative Projects: Assists the organization on projects such as file organization, data entry, etc.
Click below to take a look at our volunteer project catalog. Once you find an opportunity for which you’d like to sign-up, you will be taken to the volunteer registration page. After registration you will be able to sign-up for volunteer roles, as well as information requests to learn more about our programs. We regularly update the catalog so check back often!
If you have an area of expertise or interest not listed above and would like to lend a hand, please call our office at 908-359-0003 or email us at [email protected].