Outreach & Prevention Services
Safe+Sound Somerset’s Outreach & Prevention services aim to reduce violence by promoting safety and creating change. Our goal is to help community members of all ages understand, recognize and respond to all forms of domestic, sexual and teen dating violence. In addition to a wide range of interactive workshops, presentations, and trainings, we attend community events to support efforts to reduce and prevent violence.
Our Outreach & Prevention team is available for presentations and trainings to community groups, companies, and professional, medical and religious organizations. Frequent topics include:
- Healing Begins Here: Services for Survivors
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault 101: Recognizing and Responding to Abuse
- Trauma-Informed Care to Support Survivors of Violence (Customizable for people who work with either adult or child survivors.)
- Relating About Dating: Talking With Teens About Healthy Relationships, Abuse, and Sexual Violence
- How Trauma Impacts YOUR Work (Customizable workshop to discuss how violence and trauma overlap with your organization’s work.)
- When Home Isn’t Safe: How Domestic Violence Impacts Children
The Outreach and Prevention program is also active in Somerset County’s high schools and Raritan Valley Community College. Our Riley and Jesse: Healthy or Abusive?, Relationships For Life, and Power and Control: Understanding Sexual Harassment programs have been effective in changing students’ attitudes about healthy relationships.
If you are interested in scheduling a presentation or training, please complete this form.